Sunday, January 4, 2015

What the fuck? What the fuck? What the fucking fucking fuck?!

Today has been a combo-platter of drilling this insane music into my brain, and character research!  I've spent about six hours so far today listening to my songs on repeat while looking at my score, trying to wrap my head around it!  Furthermore, researching pre-operative transsexuals as character research yields some really interesting/questionable results.  Really I was just looking for baseline of how I want Tremont to look (ugly/pretty, butch/fem, etc.).  Hoping to find some literature on te subject, I googled "transsexuals".  I clearly did not think that one through... Let's just say that the results were not exactly the kind of material I was looking for.  I did, however, come up with a few new sexy-time poses I shall surprise my significant other with at an opportunely hilarious time...
I refined my search to "tranny makeup" (which was a lot more clean than my previous search *clears browser history*) to research the difference between drag makeup and transgender makeup.  I've got some interesting ideas forming.  I do not want Tremont to resemble my 'Angel' from Rent, though even Angel was a scaled down, more natural drag makeup; daytime drag, as they call it.  I think Tremont should definitely be passabe as a woman, minus the one big tell.  The declaration "I'm a man" as Tremont enters the stage would not work if the audience was thinking "well DUH" when I say it, nor would Dwight be entangled in my alluring tranny magic.  (For the record, I know the term "tranny" is not P.C., but we are doing Jerry Springer here!)
Anyway, we start rehearsals tomorrow. I'm a bit more familiar with the music, but I'm still terrified of that fucking high-ass music, or ass-music as I may be able to fart at a higher pitch than I am able to sing.  I've managed to squeak out the note a few times here and there, but I don't have it consistently there yet!  I don't expect it to be beautiful, I just want the sound to come out in a healthy way without muscling through it!  
That's where I'm at right now. Still doing my siren sounds everywhere I go to keep that shit warmed up.  I am really excited to start rehearsing and hear everyone together.  This material is hysterical.  This show is going to be crazy.  That is all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment